SPORTS SCIENCE AND SPORTS PERFORMANCE TRAINING FOR TEAMS AND ORGANIZATIONS
The Tampa Bay Rays selected JST Client and Eckerd outfielder Garrett Hiott, one of four Tritons picked in the 2019 MLB Draft.
The Tritons set a school record with four selections in the Major League Baseball draft. That’s as many as the University of Tampa and any other program in Division II, as many as Florida State. Within hours of Hiott's call from the Rays, Eckerd pitcher Dillon McCullough, second baseman Nick Conti, and Eckerd catcher Mitch Calandra felt a similar thrill. The Baltimore Orioles selected McCullough in the 27th round. The Atlanta Braves picked Calandra in the 30th. The New York Mets snagged Conti in the 39th.
2019 is Eckerd’s first winning season (31-19) since 2014, first conference title since 1981 and first trip to the NCAA regionals since 1987. Jodie Johnson and JST were critical contributors to the Athletes and Teams successes.
JSTATHLETE IS THE OFFICIAL SPORTS PERFORMANCE TRAINING AND SPORTS SCIENCE PROVIDER FOR THE ECKERD COLLEGE ATHLETIC TEAMS
Working with JSTAthlete Benefits:
- Improved Sports-Specific Performance of athletes in their respective sports
- General Athleticism improvements
- Verifiable improvements through testing
- Increased potential reduction in the incidence, recovery time, risk and severity of injuries.
- Improved athlete buy-in to training program for improved results
- Overall confidence improvement of Team and Athletes
Working with JSTAthlete Features:
Due in large part to JST Sports Performance Management of all of the teams at the college, Eckerd is striving to become a Division II powerhouse. Utilizing a number of technologies and proven Sports Performance Training and Strength and Conditioning Principles that JST Athlete's Pro and Division I Championship teams enjoy; JST has assisted in bringing a new level of fitness and increased peak performance to all of the Eckerd Teams. Increasing the success at the Division 2 level. All of the Eckerd Men's and Women's teams in the following sports are benefitting from JSTAthlete's Sports Performance Training and Program management:
- Beach Volleyball
- Expertise and experience with Most Sports at Elite Pro-Performance Levels
- Workload tracking and management expertise
- Taking your athletes and whole team to new levels of fitness and skills
- Utilizing the latest tools, technologies, and advanced training methods
Employing COACHMEPLUS, Zephyr Motion and Heart Rate Monitoring, FITLIGHT, and other proprietary training principles -the very same technologies and methods that JST employs with Elite Pro Teams and players in the NBA, MLB, NFL, and the US Navy SEAL Teams- JST is forging a winning program that systematically guarantees greater athlete and team skills development and reduces incidences of serious injuries. Eckerd Coaches and Strength staff have come to rely on the JST methods and their measured success and repeatability across all of the sports and athletes at the school.